Monday, July 20, 2009

Melbourne Monday

One thing about cities is the flooding multitude of stories being written and rewritten one over the top of another. Some stories get completely obliterated, some remain despite their irrelevance. Despite being totally ridiculous some remain because of how they appear. The mosaic of time and culture is what makes cities (potentially) so exciting.

Carlton Cemetry, Lygon St.

Craigieburn Grasslands

(I'm searching for a way to make life in this chaos bearable!)

4 comments:

Dr Mad Fish said...

Good luck with that! What are you doing there?

chrissie said...

Thanks Michelle, I'm finishing off my degree. Coming back here, especially RMIT, feels like coming back to prison. Two units left to do: contemporary history of landscape architecture this semester. Then back to Albany for summer, yay!
I've got to find time to paint to help keep me sane.

Dr Mad Fish said...

I can relate to that. Haven't done any serious art for 8 months while building this house....and I'm supposed to be doing a DCA!

sarah toa said...

I like the theory of finding cohesive stories in chaos, kinda makes sense to me!