Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mullet Dress


I really don't get this style of clothing - short in the front and long at the back. I spent hours shopping for clothes today and not buying anything because so many of them have this half-arsed propensity. I'm not going to cut my hair like a bogan and I certainly don't want to wear a dress that looks like it's designed by a biker's sister.
Yes I know its shallow to discuss fashion, but I like the way talking about such things reveals my hidden prejudices.

2 comments:

Wadjella Yorga said...

I have a sneaking suspicion that this type of styling is just another in a string of fabric reduction = cost reduction business decisions, that are sold as fashion to all of us emperor types 8)
I just recently came upon a bag of hand-me-downs that contained t shirts from the eighties...name brand, surf brand...all the rage... but you were only getting half a t-shirt - remember those bloody cropped mid riff ridiculousness - but that was ok cos it was the fashion...
thoroughly encourage becoming more childlike and calling it as it really is...
...half a dress that looks fucking stupid...and now I'm ranting about fashion - thanks for the fun Sunshine :)

chrissie said...

ha ha! glad i encouraged a bit of a fashion rant!

oh yes, i remember those - i had an orange one that also had bits cut out of the shoulder!

every time i see that stupid dress i posted it annoys me! I'd better do a new post.