Sunday, May 17, 2009

Last night lasted an hundred years

emptiness found a thread of hopeless desire pull me
from one room to another
following human sounds
while I was not.

But only a hopeless knot of self pity.

Enough! I
will not go down that too-well
trodden path again,
because of my laziness
and self hunger.

I will not tell you how I feel
nor feel like this.
nor return,
trying to drag you along in my wake of tears.

I do not even ask that you forgive me,
I ask that none forgive me.
I practice this act of newness to forget,
and to be new.
This guilt shame is wearing a shirt too thin,
I will simply to be anew
and so the practice of this I will
is to use to simply be

another

self-death for the death of self pity,
this hopeless one whom i disown,
disavow,
and what is it? Excommunicate.

For a church of the new world
I will build from canvas on the shifting sands
that it be strong,
knowledge-renewable
infinitely flexible
and allow the passage of the winds of change
eternal
happy
joyous.

Do not forgive.

I will it.
then I am so
other.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the fighting spirit in this..the world made new...

Sontag

sarah toa said...

So do I, willing anew

chrissie said...

thank you for the comments, sisters. now i just have to work on making those words a reality. and reality is doin' my head in at the moment!

chrissie said...

ps sorry for taking so long to get back to youse. internet not happening in ravensthorpe. it is so nice to get comments!